Terms of service
By downloading or using Footij you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms do not download or use Footij.
Who we are and what this agreement does
We are Footij Limited, a company registered in England with company number 12233394 with our registered office at Unit D South Cambridge Business Park, Babraham Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, CB22 3JH. We give you the right to use the Footij app and service (Footij) in accordance with these terms.
You must be at least 13 to download and use Footij, unless your parent or legal guardian have agreed to be responsible for your use of Footij and compliance with these terms.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using Footij may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
How to tell us about problems
Contacting us (including with complaints). If you think that there is a fault with Footij or wish to contact us for any other reason please email our customer service team at email@example.com.
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you we will do so by email or by SMS using the contact details you have provided to us.
How you may use Footij
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may download or stream a copy of Footij onto your devices and view, use and display Footij on such devices for your personal purposes only.
Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce or changes in the way that we deliver Footij.
We will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change by notifying you of a change when you next use Footij. If you do not accept the notified changes you will not be permitted to continue to use Footij.
Updates and changes to Footij
From time to time we may automatically update Footij to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update your app for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using Footij or use all of our latest functionality.
If someone else owns the phone or device you are using
If you download or stream Footij onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner's permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
Advertising and promotional messages
We may from time to time include within Footij videos, messages and other content promoting our advertisers and other commercial partners which has been paid for by them. All such paid for content will be marked as such on Footij.
We may collect technical data about your device
By using Footij, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use Footij on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our service.
We are not responsible for other websites you link to
Footij may contain links to other independent websites, including of our partners and advertisers which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, Footij in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy any part of Footij, except as part of the normal use of the app;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of Footij nor permit Footij or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use Footij on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of Footij nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited.
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by Footij.
Acceptable use restrictions
- not use Footij in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the app, any service or any operating system
- not impersonate others
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of Footij
- not use any content posted by other users outside of Footij for any purpose without our prior written consent or the consent of the user who created the content
- not post or transmit any video or other material that is unlawful, defamatory, offensive, discriminatory, bullying, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, misleading or otherwise objectionable, as determined in our sole opinion, in relation to your use of Footij
- not, unless we have agreed with you in advance, use Footij in any way to promote or advertise any business or other organisation, including through the posting of video or other content to Footij
- not use Footij in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users
- not collect or harvest any information or data from Footij or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Footij.
Our Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in Footij including in the software and content throughout the world belong to us and the rights in Footij are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, any part of Footij other than the right to use Footij in accordance with these terms.
Footij allows you to upload and share publicly or to a private group certain video footage and other content (Your Content). When uploading Your Content you are responsible for ensuring that at all times:
- you have obtained all necessary legal rights and consents in creating Your Content, for example where filming on private land you may need consent of the landowner
- that you own or have all necessary rights in Your Content to share Your Content on Footij to be used in accordance with these terms.
The legal rules around filming and sharing video footage vary considerably depending on whether the footage is filmed on public or private land and also from one country to another. We are not able to advise you on the specific rules applying to Your Content and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have all necessary rights when uploading Your Content to Footij in accordance with these terms.
If anyone brings a claim against us in relation to your use of Footij, including, but not limited to any of Your Content you will, to the extent permitted by law, fully indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages and costs of any kind incurred by us arising from your use of Footij or any breach of these terms.
We reserve the right to remove and/or permanently delete any of Your Content which in our sole discretion we consider infringes any of these terms.
Our use of Your Content
When you upload Your Content to Footij you grant us the royalty-free right to use Your Content in accordance with these terms. The way that we may use Your Content depends on whether you have uploaded Your Content to be shared to a public or a private group, as follows:
When you share Your Content to a private group on Footij – You grant us all necessary rights anywhere in the world to store and make Your Content available to other members of the relevant private group.
When you share Your Content to a public group on Footij – You grant us all necessary rights anywhere in the world, without further notice or payment to you, for us to:
- store and make Your Content publicly available through Footij to other Footij users
- share Your Content on other media including our websites and third party websites and social media platforms
- use Your Content for our and our partners commercial purposes including in advertising or other promotional material for us and our partners
When you mark Your Content as “scoutable” on Footij – we may make Your Content available for viewing by selected football academies and private scouts. We will not pass on any of your contact details to such scouts. However, if a scout wishes to contact a player appearing in Your Content we will contact you and ask for your permission for the scout to contact you or the relevant player directly.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We are not liable for business losses. Footij is intended for domestic and private use. If you use Footij for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Limitations to Footij. Footij is provided free of charge for general information and entertainment purposes only. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided on Footij, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date. Provided that we have used reasonable skill and care we are not responsible for any losses that you may suffer arising from your use of Footij.
Please back-up content and data used with Footij. We recommend that you back up any content and data used by you in connection with Footij, to protect yourself in case of problems with our service and provide no guarantees that Your Content or your account will remain at any time available.
Check that Footij is suitable for you. Footij has not been developed to meet your individual requirements and is provided “as is”. Please check that the facilities and functions of Footij meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of Footij or any of our services is delayed or prevented by an event outside our control we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
We may end your rights to use Footij at any time whether as a result of a breach of these terms or otherwise at our sole discretion on notice to you.
If we end your rights to use Footij you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of Footij and we will, at our discretion, take steps to suspend or delete your account and may delete any of Your Content.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of Footij in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.